vegan peanut butter chocolate overnight oats + recipe

Friday, April 11, 2014

Happy 50th post to me! Wow, 50. That seems like a lot. Maybe not. Well, it's at least an accomplishment for me. I love having this blog and taking pictures for it. My next project is to fix the layout and make it a teeny bit more appealing to the eye.

That being said, lets talk about this mess right here. They're goopy. And soggy. And deeeelicious. I'm talking about... overnight oats. Why have I never tried these before? Is it the anticipation? The restlessness while trying to go to sleep, dozing off dreaming about the peanut butter goodness in the fridge....



These are packed with protein, so they make a great post-workout meal. Or dessert. I use steel cut oats in mine, but you can use rolled oats if you prefer. I like steel cut oats mostly because it takes longer for your body to digest them versus rolled oats, and the longer it takes to digest, the longer it takes to convert to sugar. Plus I swear that they taste yummier. I also used Califia Farms almond milk which is literally the greatest almond milk of all time. I found it at whole foods months ago and would buy it as a 'treat', seeing as how its a dollar and some change more than the brand I usually buy. It's so much richer, and flavorful than, say, Silk or other non-dairy brands. They just came out with a line of iced coffees that I really do have dreams about (salted caramel mmm). I haven't tried their juices yet but I'm greatly anticipating the warm summer night I get to kick back with some limeade.







vegan peanut butter chocolate overnight oats

1 cup steel cut oats
1 cup almond milk
4 T chunky peanut butter
2 T cocoa powder
1/4 t vanilla
pinch of salt

1. In a small saucepan, melt peanut butter over low heat and stir in vanilla, salt, and cocoa. 2. Remove from heat and add almond milk and oats. Stir until smooth. 3. Drop into a mason jar and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or until oats are soaked. Top with bananas!

No comments:

Post a Comment