vegan chocolate chip banana muffins + recipe

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

I don't make muffins that often. Well... never, actually. I guess if I'm going to go through all of the tedious work of making the batter, filling the pans with cups, then filling said cups... I might as well just make cupcakes. I always keep bananas in my freezer, though, and instead of making chocolate banana bread I was craving muffins. I guess there's just something about cutting them in half right out of the oven and smothering them with butter. Or peanut butter. Or nutella.







vegan chocolate chip banana muffins

1 1/2 cups flour
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1 T baking powder
1 t. baking soda
pinch of salt
1/2 cup pure cane sugar
2 ripe bananas
1/4 cup almond milk
1/3 cup melted coconut oil
vanilla
chocolate chips


1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin pan with muffin cups or grease with oil. 2. In a bowl, sift flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, soda, sugar, and salt. 3. In another bowl mix bananas, almond milk, coconut oil, and vanilla. 4. Add to dry ingredients and stir until combined. 5. Stir in chocolate chips (I used carob for these). Scoop into muffin pans, about half full, and bake for 20-25 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds delicious, must give it a try, I love chocolate muffins. And bananas and chocolate are yummy, nothing can go wrong there :)

    ReplyDelete