vegan christmas coffee shake + recipe

Tuesday, December 10, 2013




I call this a 'christmas' shake because cinnamon & chocolate remind me of christmas, okay. The coconut adds something special too. You can just as well drink this in the summertime and call it a summer shake. Whatever. When I worked at a coffee shop, we had a 'white christmas mocha' that had a secret ingredient (coconut) & it was beyond yummy. We had to say it was a secret ingredient because most people would turn their nose at any coconut & coffee flavored drink, but no. Coconut, chocolate, and cinnamon = yummy perfection. Plus I've been on a coconut kick lately, I dont know. I've recently rediscovered how delicious it is in almost everything, plus a lot of my favorite recipes include it in some form or another. Since I left my coffee job earlier this year I haven't been able to be quite as creative with my coffee beverages, but I do like a good shake once in awhile.



vegan christmas shake

1.5 cups coconut ice cream
3/4 cup chocolate almond milk
8 coffee ice cubes
handful dark chocolate chunks
cinnamon


1.Simply blend all ingredients in a blender until smooth. I used coconut cookie dough ice cream that I had made, but any coconut ice cream will do honestly. Mine had bits of dark chocolate in it so I omitted the extra chunks. The coffee cubes are basically my favorite thing ever and during the summer we always had a tray full. Mine does have regular whipped cream on it because, well, I havent quite mastered coconut milk whipped cream quite yet.. soon though :)

No comments:

Post a Comment