snow day + pictures

Thursday, December 19, 2013

Well, we've moved. I would take pictures, but we don't have any furniture so... another time. We do have a fireplace! Our space has a hard time warming up and staying warm, though, so I think some weatherstripping for our windows is due soon. We can feel the cold seeping in through the cracks, brr. I can't complain, though. It's a thousand times nicer than the old place we were living in, and no nosy or rude neighbors (yet, anyway). It's always odd, I think, living so close to other people but not really interacting with them at all. I haven't met our next door neighbors yet, but Rick has met 'the guy'. No name exchange or friendly conversation, apparently he's always in a hurry? How odd. And I've seen his lady friend but never been passing close enough to introduce myself. Whatever happened to bringing over a plate of cookies and saying hello? We are an upstairs corner unit, so there's someone below us that I've never seen, or heard.. and the people under our neighbors have a small dog that really, really doesn't like Rontu. There are a lot of other dogs here though, so maybe when it warms up a little she can meet a puppy friend. We actually met three on our snowy walk this morning, and all three wanted to play with her! She only ever gets to play with Rick's cousin's pitbull, so I couldn't stop laughing as she played with two retrievers and a cattle dog. She immediately surrenders to them hoping they won't be 'scared' of her enough to not want to play. Ive had people see her, put their dogs on a leash, and then ask if she was friendly.. which is fair, I guess, but they look at her like she's a vicious killer. No.. just a 9 month puppy. It was refreshing to have owners ask me to take her off her leash! She also has never fully experienced fresh snow, so we had fun kicking snow around. She kept trying to dig to see what's underneath, and then trying to chew the ice.

We're broke and poor and exhausted, but we have a home and food in the fridge. My mind is overwhelmed with all of the decorating opportunities I have here, but one thing at a time. I don't want to get things off of craigslist just because they're free or cheap, but not quite what I want. I'd rather take my time to find the absolutely perfect desk or couch, even if it means spending a little more money. I want to make my coffee table, which is going to be $20 tops. The fact that most of my craft supplies and things are still in boxes bugs me a little bit but I'm sure I can find some bookshelves soon. Or even a tutorial to make some! Rick always has pallets behind his work we can use. I think my largest dilemma is figuring out how I want to paint.. I want bright kitchen walls and a striped ceiling in the bathroom, or maybe two tone walls in the bathroom.. I just can't handle all of this white ahh. Soon enough. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment