coconut macaroons with chocolate drizzle + recipe

Wednesday, October 23, 2013



Can I just say that besides the pumpkin, cinnamon, and spices, I crave foods that are completely inappropriate for fall. It's okay though, I'm sure I'm not the only one. Do people really eat foods that are 'supposed' to be eaten seasonally anyway? I'm all for buying veggies when they're in season, but I have no objection to making thanksgiving dinner in summer. I made these a couple of weeks ago but have been dreaming about them the past few days. They're moist (ugh I hate that word), chewy, and the chocolate drizzle is perfect. I suppose if you want to make them 'autumn appropriate' you could add nutmeg and cinnamon, maybe a pumpkin drizzle instead. Or pumpkin ones with white chocolate drizzle?!

coconut macaroons with chocolate drizzle

1 can condensed milk
2 egg whites
2 t vanilla
salt
2 bags coconut (14 oz)
chocolate chips


1. Preheat oven to 300. Whisk egg whites with a pinch of salt until foamy, 2-3 minutes. Stir in vanilla, and condensed milk until combined, then stir in coconut. 2. Drop 'dough' into table spoon-sized mounds onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake about 15-20 minutes. I did larger sized ones and baked for about 25, so adjust time accordingly. You want them golden brown. 3. Melt chocolate chips in a double boiler, in in the microwave. If you're doing it by microwave, heat for 30 seconds and then stir every 15 seconds after that. Wait until your macaroons are completely cooled before drizzling!

No comments:

Post a Comment