no knead artisan cheesy garlic bread

Saturday, September 14, 2013



This bread will change your life. I'm not kidding. You know that little dance you do when you take cookies out of the oven and you can tell they're perfect? I did that. It's crusty. And chewy. And amazing by itself, smothered in butter, or dipped in soup. I bet you could even put raisins in it with some cinnamon and it'd be delicious. I chose to make a cheesy garlic version, though, because there's not much I love more than garlic bread. I warn you though... it's easy to make, too. And addicting. I had a dream where I served this at a party and everyone asked me which store I got it from. Just kidding. Sort of.



no knead artisan cheesy garlic bread

1 1/2 t salt
1/4 t yeast
3 c flour (all purpose)
8 coarsely chopped cloves of garlic
1/2 c shredded jack cheese
about 1 3/4 c warm water


1. Combine salt, yeast, and flour in a large bowl. Add the water and fold until it's sticky. Cover with plastic wrap and let it sit overnight. I set mine on the counter while I slept, but you want it to sit for about 12-16 hours.
2. Flour the counter and set your dough on it. Sprinkle it with some flour and fold it in itself a couple of times. This is where you make a little pouch and put your garlic and cheese in, then fold the sides around it. Shape it into a ball. Cover with a towel and let rise for another 2 hours.
3. Give yourself some time to heat your oven to 450 degrees. Place a pot inside with a lid, mine was a ceramic fiestaware bowl but you can use cast iron if you'd like.
4. When ready, take the dough and place it inside the hot pot. Cover with the lid and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the lid and bake for 15 minutes more, or until the top of your loaf is golden and crispy.

No comments:

Post a Comment