broccoli cheddar soup

Wednesday, September 18, 2013




Let me just say this. I will never, ever make soup as good as Panera. I dont know what it is. They probably throw frozen ingredients into a pot in the morning yet it somehow still tastes amazing at 5pm. Since we dont have one here in Nevada, I made my own. Take that, Panera. Who needs ya.

Okay, I do, cause their pecan rolls are ridiculous. It's practically fall and I haven't had one yet. And there's no way I'm trying my hand at those (maybe... I mean, how hard can they be?). This is enough for the two of us and a little bit leftover, you can double if you want for 6 servings or so.



broccoli cheese soup

4 T butter
1/2 onion, diced
2 T flour
1 clove garlic, diced
2 1/2 C chicken broth
1 C half and half (or heavy cream and a little milk..or just milk.. its up to you)
1 carrot, shredded
3 C broccoli florets
salt and pepper
nutmeg
2 C sharp cheddar cheese


1. In a saucepan, melt butter and add garlic and onion. Saute and take onions/garlic out and set aside in bowl. 2. Add flour to remaining butter and whisk in flour. Keep whisking as you add broth and milk. 3. Bring to a boil. 4. Add your veggies, onions, salt and pepper. Reduce heat to low and simmer about 20 minutes. 5. Once veggies are soft, pour mixture into blender and pulse a couple of times (I literally do 3 pulses). 6. Pour back into pan. 7. Add cheddar cheese and stir until melted. Top with a sprinkle of nutmeg!

No comments:

Post a Comment