vegan chocolate + banana + avocado shake

Thursday, September 12, 2013


vegan chocolate banana avocado shake

2 bananas, diced, frozen
1 avocado, diced, frozen
1 1/2 c chocolate almond milk
2 T cocoa
1/4 c peanut butter (optional)


We rarely, if ever, let avocados go bad in our house. I will eat them raw with a spoon or smeared on toast. I had one that was a little soft yesterday though, so I scoured pinterest and remembered that I had liked some milkshake recipes... one of which used avocados. I know, it sounds gross. But people put avocados in their brownies and I mean, they're not too flavorful. So I diced it up with 2 bananas and let them freeze for a few hours. I used chocolate almond milk, which is like, a huge treat in itself for me, but I suppose you could use regular almond milk and chocolate syrup if you'd like. A little bit of cocoa, and I added peanut butter which is optional (but highly recommended). This is ridiculous, creamy, and good for you - and I bet it'd be even better as a post-workout shake with some protein powder added!

No comments:

Post a Comment