bacon chicken pasta

Saturday, September 28, 2013





This is one of my favorite meals because it's easy and fairly healthy. Okay maybe not the pasta part.. or the bacon. Or the butter. I like to think it's healthier than the mac and cheese I just made though. We got the bacon from Rick's parents, who had their old pig butchered a little while ago. It truly is unreal. I don't buy bacon often because it's usually really salty and just, gross... but this didn't even taste like meat. I don't even know what I'm saying. Buying meat from local farmers is just so much better for you, tastes better, and I feel better knowing what this pig was fed and where it lived, that it lived a good life, rather than taking a bite and imagining little piggies in cages in a slaughterhouse. I wish I had the means to buy all of my meat local but sometimes I just don't have the extra cash or am able to drive out to the ranches. There's not much of a sauce to this but the combination of the flavors is truly yummy.


bacon chicken pasta

2 chicken breasts
1 small onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, chopped
olive oil
4 strips bacon
2 cups penne (or fettuccine, in this case)
2 handfuls of spinach
1/2 c. shredded parmesan
1 T butter



1. Prepare your chicken. I say this because you can prepare it however you'd like, grilled, baked, etc. I put 2 T of butter in a pan and set the chicken in it, covered, for about 15-20 minutes. 2. While your chicken is cooking, put onion, garlic, and a little olive oil in a skillet. 3. This is when I prepare the bacon. I usually bake bacon when I do it eat, but I simply heated the slices up stovetop on a cast iron skillet. 4. Prepare your pasta. I chose fettuccine because that's what I had, but penne is what I normally use. 5. Once your chicken is cooked through, cut it into smaller pieces and add the onions and garlic. Salt and pepper to taste. Maybe a little Tony's seasoning. 6. Throw your spinach in there. Toss for about 5 minutes. 7. Add your parmesan and toss until melted. 8. Cut cooked bacon into small pieces and add to chicken mixture. 9. Drain your pasta and return to pot. Melt butter with the pasta and then chicken mixture to the pot. Stir to combine. If you want to be really adventurous, add a little of the bacon drippings in there. Yeah I did that.

No comments:

Post a Comment