vegan banana bread

Friday, August 16, 2013

I was never really a huge fan of banana bread, I was never really a fan of snack breads in general.. and after working at starbucks for years and having access to all the pastries my little heart desired, I couldn't touch the stuff. This bread here though is much heartier than the light, spongey breads I've always had. It is completely vegan, and although I am not vegan, I do like to try my hand at vegan recipes - its a little challenging for me, but rewarding when I find completely guilt-free and healthy recipes that are ridiculously delicious like this one.


vegan banana bread

3 ripe bananas (i freeze mine until theyre black)
1/2 c. brown sugar
1 t. vanilla extract
1/2 almond milk
1/3 c. melted coconut oil (you can use regular oil, or butter for the almost-vegan version)
1/4 t. salt
1 T. cinnamon
1 t. baking soda
3/4 c. rolled oats
1 1/2 c. flour (unbleached or wheat)
walnuts, raisins, chocolate chips are optional


1. Preheat oven to 350. Mash your bananas and add in the vanilla, sugar, oil, and milk. If you're using butter, make sure it is room temperature. 2. Mix flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt in a bowl. Add to the banana mixture. 3. Add in the oats last, along with any nuts, raisins, or chocolate chips you want to add. 4. Bake for 50 minutes. And for the record.. its especially yummy with a glob of earth balance on top :)

No comments:

Post a Comment